November 16, 2012 § 8 Comments
First of all I’d like to thank all the hosts and all of the people that came out for my living room shows. That was a very exciting 10 days for me. I’ve confirmed that my predisposition for anxiety is by no means improved by traveling alone – I was hoarding gas and non-perishables and water, convinced that a party at Olive Garden was staring me down.
But those shows were really such a pleasure to play. I hope if you came out to one that you enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks to Adam in Westland, MI; Jessica and her folks in Akron; Stephen in Rochester; Kevin in Boston; Natasha in Williamsburg; Eric in Flatbush; Maeve and Jake in Philadelphia; Jared in Baltimore; and Tara in Pittsburgh. It was very kind and generous of each of you to open your homes to me and my people.
And now that I’m home for a little while I’m preparing for a class I’ll be teaching this spring at The University of Chicago’s Graham School of Continuing Education.
If anyone in Chicago would like to spend 4 weeks workshopping your Experimental Fiction with me, please sign up. It’s Thursday nights, February 14 – March 7. It’s open registration and details for enrollment are here:
AND A BOOK
And finally, still sorting out the potential release of my second novel Let Go and Go On and On - an endless and soul-crushing process which will hopefully all fall into place soon (fingers crossed.) But in the meantime, I think it’s safe to announce a different book forthcoming in 2013 – All Over and Over: Make Believe Tour Diaries, 2006. A shocking expose indeed into the lives of four grown men living all wrong. Details soon.
October 23, 2012 § 1 Comment
JOAN OF ARC COSTUME PARTY!
Who have you really always wanted to be? Do you know your secret self? A Baldanders? A girl? A TV personality only you really understand? Here’s the opportunity to show off and compare and freak out the stoned kid in the corner.
Join us Halloween Night at Township. 9pm. $7
It will be JOAN OF ARC’s last show with our Big Band Line-up until at least next spring at the soonest.
We are honored to be joined by THE ENGLISH SOFTHEARTS http://www.englishsofthearts.com/bios.html
And THE BLASTED DIPLOMATS
There will be a costume contest with T-shirts and records as prizes. And we’ll have candy, but you should also bring your own for some speed-trick-or-treating, like speed-dating or like social networking within a single room.
Tickets available here http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=3094834&pl=mp
Second Brooklyn Living Room show added! Wednesday November 7 – TICKETS ON SALE NOW
The people of New Jersey have spoken and we have listened. They said, “We don’t care about a Joan of Arc (Solo) show” and so we thought with all of our marketing savvy and cancelled the show, moved it to where the people are – New York City. Let’s nurse our post-election night hangovers and / or blues together.
Advance tickets are necessary. Tickets on sale NOW at
Speaking of the East Coast . . .
PHILADELPHIA AND BALTIMORE, I don’t know what I’ve done, but I want to make things right between us again. There will be a raffle at each of those shows for a copy of the new Self-Titled Joan of Arc record. Everyone who comes to the show will be registered in the drawing.
Tickets for those shows are available here http://www.undertowtickets.com/product/joan-of-arc-living-room-show-philadelphia-pa-nov-8
Please come! I don’t want to play to no one in these cities that I’ve always enjoyed so much.
And then CHICAGO AGAIN
November 15 Joan of Arc will be playing a stripped-down – who knows exactly – more than solo and less than Big Band all acoustic set – No P.A. even – at The Comfort Station in Logan Square.
We will be joined by the trio of Herndon / Bitney / and Trepp. And what will they do all acoustically? Who knows? But it’ll be awesome.
August 2, 2012 § 3 Comments
Oh yeah, have I mentioned this thing?
Joan of Arc (Solo) Living Room Tour
Tim Kinsella will be touring as Joan of Arc (Solo) in November and is excited to try something new: acoustic Living Room Shows. We need your help! We are looking for people to host Living Room Shows on the dates listed below…
Milwaukee – Thursday October 25
Madison – Friday October 26
Minneapolis – Saturday October 27
Iowa City – Sunday October 28
Cleveland Area – Friday November 2nd
Boston – Sunday November 4th
Pittsburgh – Saturday November 10th
Central Ohio – Sunday November 11th
Please get in touch if you want to host a show. We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for a couple of hours and in return you’ll get 5 free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 35-45 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other indoor residential space would be ideal. There needs to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably should not do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on our website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Ticket prices will be $20.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show. This way the host won’t have to deal with money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host gets 5 free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. The shows usually start at around 8pm. We’ll ask people to arrive around 7:30pm. It should be over by around 10:00pm. We’ll make it clear to everyone that they should be out of your house by 10:30pm.
7. You don’t need to provide any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for Tim to sit on while playing and some kind of ambient lighting like a floor lamp.
8. Your home address will not be published on the web and only given to those people who purchase tickets.
9. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except our websites.
Please include a photo of the space where you would like to have the show and put “Joan of Arc (Solo) House Show” and the city where you live in the subject line of the e-mail.
We’ll review all requests. Once we have a routing figured out we’ll be in touch with people in the towns we are able to work into the schedule.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Bob + Adam
October 31, 2011 § 2 Comments
Third biggest city in The Homeland. Yet still – Friday afternoon, 1:30 pm downtown – I was entirely alone (except for the driver of course) on the #56.
Sorry the video isn’t longer. But if you wanna look on the bright side, it’s kinda crazy that I could videotape something on my phone at all! Even if it is this short.
I was the ONLY motherfucker on the bus! For more than 2 minutes! In the middle of the afternoon!
I felt like The Donald Trump in his important stretch limousine.
I felt like how I imagine the Aborigines must feel on a Walkabout.
I felt like one of the lost Russian cosmonauts.
Man, wish you could’ve been there . . .