Weird Tour late October / early November
August 2, 2012 § 3 Comments
Oh yeah, have I mentioned this thing?
Joan of Arc (Solo) Living Room Tour
Tim Kinsella will be touring as Joan of Arc (Solo) in November and is excited to try something new: acoustic Living Room Shows. We need your help! We are looking for people to host Living Room Shows on the dates listed below…
Milwaukee – Thursday October 25
Madison – Friday October 26
Minneapolis – Saturday October 27
Iowa City – Sunday October 28
Cleveland Area – Friday November 2nd
Boston – Sunday November 4th
Pittsburgh – Saturday November 10th
Central Ohio – Sunday November 11th
Please get in touch if you want to host a show. We’ll make this as easy as possible for the hosts. All you have to do is let us borrow your living room for a couple of hours and in return you’ll get 5 free tickets for friends and our eternal gratitude.
Here’s how it works.
1. You have a house or loft space that can comfortably and safely host 35-45 people. A place with a big living room, finished basement or other indoor residential space would be ideal. There needs to be enough parking nearby and your neighbors should be cool. It would be a huge bummer if someone called the cops because of all the extra cars and people coming to your house. You probably should not do this if you live in a small apartment with a bunch of uptight neighbors or a cranky landlord.
2. The shows will not be open to the public and no tickets will be sold at the door. We will pre-sell a set number of tickets for each show on our website before the show. Be realistic on how many people your place can hold. We need to know how many tickets we can sell in advance. Ticket prices will be $20.
3. We will provide you with a detailed list of everyone who will be coming to the show. This way the host won’t have to deal with money and will only need to check people off the list as they arrive.
4. The host gets 5 free tickets for the show. If you have other friends who want to come to the show you can direct them to the link to buy tickets on-line.
5. The shows usually start at around 8pm. We’ll ask people to arrive around 7:30pm. It should be over by around 10:00pm. We’ll make it clear to everyone that they should be out of your house by 10:30pm.
7. You don’t need to provide any sort of sound system. All you need is a chair for Tim to sit on while playing and some kind of ambient lighting like a floor lamp.
8. Your home address will not be published on the web and only given to those people who purchase tickets.
9. The shows will not be promoted or advertised anywhere except our websites.
Please include a photo of the space where you would like to have the show and put “Joan of Arc (Solo) House Show” and the city where you live in the subject line of the e-mail.
We’ll review all requests. Once we have a routing figured out we’ll be in touch with people in the towns we are able to work into the schedule.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Bob + Adam